In the effort of writing avoidance, Ive taken to desperate measures and spent the last three days remodelling my office. Furniture got moved, boxes of stuff got relocated, pictures got rehung. I got rid of loads of junk I never use and freed up lots of extra space. I really like the changes, but unfortunately, upon completion of that effort, the outline for part 4 of the book hasn't miraculously materialised.

However, there maybe light at the end of this tunnel. Last week I set up a Skype chat to discus the novel with a wise friend (you know who you are, if you read this). The chat happened today, and I was very reluctant to discus anything beyond cats and dogs, and hurricanes, but the friend wouldn't let me go... So plot breaking happened, ideas got exchanged and more concepts are now taking shape.  I feel I'm getting closer. Not quite there yet, but almost.

So, yay?

MOOD: tired but hopeful

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dublin WorldCon Report

My WorldCon Schedule

Writing Retreat