November, November

November result: 42k words on Orion's Pieces, 2k over my target. I'm pleased. Yes, I know some have written close to 100k, but I'm not them. This was likely my most productive month ever, especially the second part, once I got things going. So, hooray.

It's also been a great distraction from the novel-on-submission-I-need-to-check-mailbox-again stress. I actually managed to keep this out of my mind, at least most of the time--so that's worth another hooray.

Now November is over and I've deflated like a burst balloon. I'm tired, and the weasels have returned, doing extra time on their weaselling, telling me my novel will never sell so I need as well not bother. But I'm not going to cave it (at least, not yet). I hope I can finish the first part of the novel before Christmas, which may be hard as we have several family visits this month, but I only need another 15k (I think) to finish. So, that's the plan. And over the holidays I'll start world-building for the next novel, which should be good fun.

[Though with the way the world is going, it may end up being a rather grim vision... The new novel will be closer time-wise to present day, maybe only a century or two away, and so much closer to the world today. And I'm not feeling optimistic...]


On a lighter note, Christmas presents are all bought! I think I'm better prepared than I've ever been. And I know I'm getting some nice books and inks! And maybe even a new pen.... Yay!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dublin WorldCon Report

My WorldCon Schedule

Writing Retreat