Rejection! :(

Well, I've jinxed it. The story is back with a personal rejection--very friendly, but still a rejection. Weirdly, this time the editor said the ending didn't work for them, while the previous personals loved the end in particular… Another proof that it's all a matter of taste.

And so the story goes off to the next market. Of all my stories (and there aren't many as I"m not really a short-form writer), this one I'm really stubborn about. Maybe because it's so much "me" in the way it plays with the theme of choices that I come back to again and again in all of my writing. Well, I keep sending it out till it finds a home. And if it doesn't, then I'll keep it to one day give away as a Patreon bonus or something. You know, when I'm famous enough to have a Patreon which anybody other than my mother will support... ;)

Current mood: philosophical

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dublin WorldCon Report

My WorldCon Schedule

Writing Retreat