Checking in

So, it's been a month since the last post? Wow.

Time flies when you sit in the same space staring the same letters on the same white screen. The letters do change order and concentrate in different arrangements, but that's about all the change I get. Oh yeah, sometimes it's Major Tom trying to bite my fingers as I type and other times it's Earl Grey.

But anyway. It's been a month since my novel is out on submission. I know it's about five minutes in publishing time, but I can't help getting antsy. With the holiday season, I'm not likely to hear anything before January. I'm trying to brace myself for the wait, but it's haaaaard...

I've decided to try to do NaNoWriMo, as a way of 1) distracting myself, and 2) giving Book 2 a flying start. Well... I did manage to distract myself. The start has been less than flying. Actually, it's been awfully difficult. I'm guessing part of it must be coming from being unsure if the whole thing even makes sense, because if book 1 doesn't sell, who needs book 2? And then there were the usual weasels telling me how it all sucks, how nothing is innovative but everything is predictable and boring... Sigh.

But, I stuck at it and I think I'm past the biggest hump. At 28k words, I'm well into the middle of Gossimey's part, and THINGS ARE HAPPENING... I plan to push through till at least end of the month, hopefully till the end of this part. Then I will decide if I want to continue and write Tertia's part as well, or set it aside for a while and focus on something new. I started gestating a SHINY NEW IDEA but it's got a loooong way to go.


--> Okay, diving back into words. See you at the end of the month!
(A picture of Earl Grey as the Impostor Cat as a bonus!)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dublin WorldCon Report

My WorldCon Schedule

Writing Retreat